Seasoned and accomplished business professional with vast knowledge and experience in business development and resource allocation. A proven entrepreneur who is analytical, attentive to details and produces profitable results, and known for empowering employees, taking initiative and meeting challenging deadlines. Substantial experience in both the public and private sectors within areas of project and business management, investments and customs brokerage/freight forwarding/general trucking.
July, 2013-August, 2017
January, 2009 – June, 2013
July, 1978 – Dec, 2008
BAHAMAS CONSUL GENERAL TO NEW YORK
Manhattan, New York
Oversight for the New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont jurisdictions;
Promoted investment and touristic opportunities for The Bahamas;
A representative for the interests of Bahamians, students, within the jurisdiction and diaspora;
CONSULTANT, EXPERT CUSTOMS BROKING LIMITED
Oversight of business to ensure a smooth and seamless operation and overall good customer and employee relations.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, EXPERT CUSTOMS BROKING LTD.
Elected President of the company and presided over all AGM from 1980-2013. Managed all office and warehouse rentals of our sister company (STAC INVESTMENTS LTD) a Builder/Investor company established in 1984 for the construction and rental of buildings for office and warehouse usage;
Facilitated Custom Brokerage classes in the Brussels Nomenclature System
Our International Affiliations include members of SDV USA INC; BDP International and Global Transport International.
● Board of Director, Cast Holdings Group of Companies
(Expert Custom Broking Limited & STAC Holdings July 1, 1979-Present)
● Former President, Cast Holdings Group of Companies
(Expert Customs Broking Ltd & STAC Investments Ltd July 1979-December 2013)
● Former Board of Director, The Bahamas Development Bank
● Former President, East Mall Management Limited Condo Association, Grand Bahama Island
● Former Deputy Chairman, Sunland Baptist Academy, Grand Bahama Island
● Former Deputy Chairman, Housing Corporation, Grand Bahama Island
● Former Member, Freeport Lion’s Club
● Former Member, Grand Bahama Chamber of Commerce
● Board of Director, YMCA, Grand Bahama Island
● Adopted two children and Fostered two (all adults-one has passed)
● Regular annual donor to the local RED CROSS; SALVATION ARMY; HOME FOR THE AGED; THE YMCA and THE CHILDREN’S HOME.